This article is about Programming
How to Become a Full Stack Developer?
By NIIT Editorial
Published on 25/05/2020
Being a Full Stack Developer is like being the ‘Jack of all trades’. It not only involves front-end and back-end, but also ownership from inception to deployment of a web application. A Full Stack Developer has become the most sought-after opportunity in the software technology domain.
This increasing demand for Full Stack Developers has given rise to online and in-class training programs. But before we dive into how to become a Full Stack Developer, let us first know what Full Stack Development is.
What is Full Stack Development?
Full Stack Development is the development of both front-end and back-end parts of a web application. This web development process involves all three-layers- Presentation layer (front end part that deals with the UI), Business Logic Layer (back end component that has data validation) and the Database Layer.
What is the role of a Full Stack Developer?
A Full Stack Developer is familiar with:
- System infrastructures like hardware and operating systems
- Back-end programming languages like Ruby, PHP, Python, Java, NodeJS, etc
- Relational Database Management Systems(RDBMS) like MySQL, MongoDB, SQL, etc.
- Project management and client servicing
Following is the Full Stack Developer skillset you need
Full Stack Development involves the following three layers:
- Front-end Layer
- Back-end Layer
- Database Layer
- HTML (HyperText Markup Language): HTML is the skeleton of every web page live on the World Wide Web right now. By using HTML, you can structure and design the content by defining the different parts of a web page. The latest version of HTML, which is HTML5, can be learnt easily online.
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets): CSS is used for styling the HTML elements. It provides thousands of styling functions which are used to design the HTML elements defined by us.
- Python: It is an open-source, object-oriented, interpreted, high-level, multi-purpose programming language. It is one of the most sought-after languages of almost all software and web developers.
- Java: Java is a popular language. Java is an open-source, high-level programming language which is class-based, object-oriented, and created to have as few implementation dependencies as possible. It adapts the Write Once Run Anywhere (WORA) approach that makes it able to run on any platform.
- PHP: It is an open-source, server-side scripting language used to develop the back-end logic of a web application. It is an influential tool for designing dynamic and interactive websites.
The data layer is an enormous warehouse of information. It contains a database repository which extracts and stores information from the front-end, through the back-end. You must know how data is stored, edited, retrieved, etc. A good understanding of database management systems such as MySQL, MongoDB is a must.
- MySQL: It is an open-source, Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) that offers multi-user access and supports multi-storage engines.
- MongoDB: It is famous for its ease of use and its swiftness in handling a large amount of data. It is an open-source, object-oriented, NoSQL database which is highly accessible and is useful in handling unstructured data.
Certification courses for HTML5 and Java are available at NIIT.
Post Graduate Programme in Full Stack Java Programming
Get job-ready in 90 Days with NIIT’s Post Graduate Programme in Full Stack Java Programming. This accelerated programme is the quickest route to start a career in IT industry and prepares graduates for a successful entry in leading IT companies .