![CDATA[ [if IE 9] ]]>
New Delhi, October 1, 2021: NIIT Limited, a global skills & talent development company and leading provider of managed training services has acquired 70% stake in RPS Consulting Private Limited (RPS Consulting). The board of NIIT Limited approved this transaction during the board meeting held on October 1, 2021. The remaining 30% shareholding will be acquired by NIIT from the promoters of RPS Consulting in subsequent tranches based on achievement of certain financial milestones and closing adjustments in terms of the transaction documents within the next two and a half years. RPS Consulting is a leading provider of training programs on emerging digital technologies for experienced technology professionals, specifically addressing the needs of Global Systems Integrators and Capability Centers of large multinational companies. Its trailing 12 months revenue for the period ending September 30, 2021, is estimated at approximately Rs 105.7 Cr, with a year over year growth of 32%. Bengaluru-based RPS Consulting offers:
This acquisition creates new opportunities for NIIT and RPS Consulting to deliver innovative learning solutions in emerging digital technologies including Software Architecting and Engineering, Data Science, Cloud, Automation and DevOps, for both working professionals and new hires. This acquisition will also help NIIT expand its Managed Training Services portfolio to include technology training as a Managed Service for its global customers. Pursuant to the transaction, RPS Consulting has become a subsidiary of NIIT. The leadership team of RPS Consulting would continue to drive operations.
Speaking on the announcement, Vijay Thadani, Vice Chairman & MD, NIIT Ltd. said, "We are excited to have RPS Consulting join the NIIT family. Their technical expertise will expand NIIT's capability to accelerate digital transformation journeys of large enterprises".
Speaking on the synergies of the relationship, Sapnesh Lalla, CEO and Executive Director, NIIT Ltd. said, "This acquisition enhances NIIT's strengths and capabilities to offer emerging technology programs for experienced technology professionals, in addition to NIIT's new hire, deep skilling and digital transformation programs."
Commenting on the development, Prasad Balakrishnan, CEO and Executive Director, RPS Consulting Pvt. Ltd. said "Both NIIT and RPS Consulting are leading names in the technology training industry. We are confident that this acquisition will result in creating significant value for our customers, partners and stakeholders".
Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co acted as legal advisors for NIIT. Grant Thornton Bharat acted as financial and tax advisors and Majmudar & Partners acted as legal advisors for RPS Consulting.
About RPS Consulting
RPS Consulting is a leading provider of training programs on emerging digital technologies for experienced technology professionals working in GCCs and GSIs across India. Based out of Bengaluru, RPS CONSULTING has been assisting its clientele to plan and seamlessly execute their employee training initiatives for the past 15+ years.
To know more visit: www.rpsconsulting.in
NIIT Limited is a global skills and talent development company and a leading provider of managed training services. Set up in 1981 to help the nascent IT industry overcome its human resource challenges, the organization today ranks among the world's leading training companies owing to its vast and comprehensive array of talent development programs. With a footprint in over 30 countries, it offers training and development solutions to Individuals, Enterprises and Institutions. NIIT has two main lines of business across the globe – Corporate Learning Group and Skills & Careers Business.
To know more visit www.niit.com
For Media queries please contact:
Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications & Marketing, NIIT Limited
Ph: (Cell) +91 9910201085, (Dir) +91 124 4293041
Corporate Communications & Marketing, NIIT Limited
Ph: (Cell) +91 9999601154, (Dir) +91 124 4293042
Investors may contact:
Kapil Saurabh, NIIT Limited,
Ph (Cell) +91 9899117793,
(Dir) +91 124 4293324
Visit us at: www.niit.com
Follow us on: www.twitter.com/niitltd
Shivajee Rao Sharma, RPS Consulting
Ph: (Cell) +91 9880602551, (Dir) +91 80 46675947
Manish Shroff, RPS Consulting
Ph: (Cell) +91 97400 69474