NIIT is engaged with the government to help build a workforce in the country by providing necessary skill sets to people in their respective fields of work. NIIT is actively participating in government programs centered around delivering education and training to schools, beneficiaries of government programs, members of underprivileged societies and employees of government organizations.
NIIT has been working closely with the central and state governments, PSUs and other government organizations in India, to help them tackle their manpower challenges.
NIIT Yuva Jyoti provides training in the following sectors:
• Education and Training Services
• Media and Entertainment
• All Informal Sectors
1. Ministry of Rural Development (MORD): This is a central government project. The training was conducted for Rural BPL youth. We have trained 31,200 candidates across India under this initiative.
2. Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE): This is a central government project. The training was conducted for SC and OBC sections of society. We have trained more than 1,500 candidates under this program.
3. National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC):- This is an on-going central government project and its target group includes India’s minority communities (Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhist and Parsis). The target is to train 1,200 students who have passed the 12th grade and above.
4.State Urban Poverty Alleviation--Chandigarh (SUPA): This is a project of the Chandigarh Municipal Corporation, where 100 urban candidates under th Poverty Line have been trained so far.
5. State Urban Development Agency—Odisha (SUDA): Under this Odisha state government project, we have trained 700 candidates using job-oriented courses.
6. Orissa Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Development (OSFDC): Under this state government project, 252 candidates have been trained.
7. Samajik Suvidha Sangam (SSS)–Delhi: Under this state government project, we have a target to train 150 candidates, of which 45 are currently undergoing training
8 .District Rural Development Agency—Barabanki (DRDA): This is a project undertaken by the state government of Uttar Pradesh. We have trained 127 candidates and placed 80 till date.
9. Minorities Welfare Department—Barabanki (MWD): This is a state government project. Its target group covers India’s minority communities (Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhist and Parsis). We have to train 500 candidates, of which 60 are undergoing training this year.