NIIT Limited announces Q3 FY22 results and initiates reorganization of CLG Business as a separately listed company
- Q3 Revenue at Rs. 383.6 Cr, up 51% YoY
- Records EBITDA at Rs 82.7 Cr, up 75% YoY; EBITDA margin at 21.6%, up 295 bps YoY
- Records Profit After Tax of Rs. 55 Cr; EPS at Rs 4.1
- Corporate Learning Group (CLG) revenue grows 36% YoY; EBITDA grows 47% YoY
- Skills & Careers Group (SNC) revenue grows 144% YoY with EBITDA margin of 11%
- Proposed reorganisation to result in two separately listed companies for CLG and SNC respectively
- Board approves interim dividend of Rs. 3 per share
|NIIT Limited - Consolidated Financials for Quarter ended December 31, 2021|
|(in Rs. Crore)||Quarter ended|
Dec 31, 2021
Dec 31, 2020
|EBITDA %||21.6%||18.6%||295 bps|
|Profit After Tax||55||41.5||32%|
Atlanta, GA, January 28, 2022: NIIT Limited (NSE: NIITLTD), a leading global talent development corporation, today reported its results for the third quarter ending December 31, 2021. During the quarter, the company recorded Net Revenue of Rs. 383.6 Cr, up 51% YoY. EBITDA was Rs. 82.7 Cr, up 75% YoY and the EBITDA margin stood at 21.6%, up 295 bps YoY. Profit After Tax was recorded at Rs. 55 Cr, up 32% YoY.
The results were taken on record at the meeting of the Board of Directors held today. The Board also approved an interim dividend of Rs. 3 per share.
Further the Board of Directors approved the Composite Scheme of Arrangement which would result in CLG Business and SNC Business to be reorganized as separate publicly listed companies. The proposed scheme is subject to necessary statutory and regulatory approvals including the approval of the NCLT, SEBI, Stock Exchanges, shareholders and creditors.
Commenting on the proposed reorganisation, Vijay K Thadani, Vice Chairman & Managing Director, NIIT Limited said, “With talent emerging as the top priority for every organisation globally, NIIT with its strong balance sheet and market-leading offerings, is uniquely positioned to take advantage of the current environment. Creating two independently run businesses with significant growth capital will propel both CLG and SNC to realize their true potential and create value for all stakeholders”.
Corporate Learning Group (CLG) recorded net revenue of Rs. 296.1 Cr, up 36% YoY and 9% QoQ. CLG added 4 new MTS contracts during the quarter - one in aerospace sector, one in Information technology consulting space, one in business intelligence space and one in the BFSI sector. Further, CLG did 3 contract expansions and 3 contract renewals during the quarter. The number of MTS customers stands at 65 and revenue visibility for CLG, at the end of the quarter was at $326 million up from $294 million last quarter.
Skills & Careers Group (SNC) recorded net revenue of Rs. 87.4 Cr during Q3, up 144% YoY and 108% QoQ. The India business is starting to see recovery driven by StackRoute and TPaaS (Talent Pipeline as a Service) which grew 20% QoQ. SNC has transitioned its customers to the NIIT Digital platform. NIIT completed the acquisition of RPS Consulting on October 1, 2021 and integrated its financials in SNC performance.
Commenting on the quarter performance, Sapnesh Lalla, CEO and Executive Director, NIIT Ltd. said, "Both the Corporate Learning Group (CLG) and the Skills and Careers Group (SNC) have witnessed robust growth and acceleration in customer addition during Q3. The integration of RPS Consulting into the NIIT family is proceeding as per plan and creating opportunities for expanding share of wallet with our customers".
- NIIT was ranked #2 among the prestigious HRO Today Baker’s Dozen for Learning and Development, 2021 and a Top 20 IT Training Company, 2021 by Training Industry, Inc.
- During the quarter, NIIT launched – “Talent Leadership Boardroom” initiative to generate leadership conversations on the emerging talent requirements of the industry. The first virtual round table in this series was titled - “The Role of Talent in Enabling Business Transformation, Innovation and Excellence in GCCs”. NIIT launched its thought paper titled "Learning Reimagined – Catalysing GCC's Transformation” on the changing vision of GCCs in India and the talent necessary to meet their transformation agenda.
- The 5th edition of NIIT India Confluence, a 2-day exclusive, by-invitation only, virtual summit held on Jan 12-13, 2022, saw representation from around 300 companies and 600+ industry participants. Industry mavens, including CEOs, CHROs, and Business Leaders came together to deliberate on the conference’s theme of ‘Accelerated Learning for Achieving Business Outcomes’. The conference included enriching sessions by 30+ Corporate leaders including Industry Leader address by Amitabh Chaudhry - MD & CEO, Axis Bank and Keshav R Murugesh - Group CEO, WNS Global Services. Adding to the conversations, Gary Kirsten, international cricket coach, shared winning team perspectives from the world of Cricket and Guneet Monga, globally acclaimed Indian film producer, shared insights from her cinematic journey of self-transformation.
- 19 Brandon Hall Group Excellence in Technology Awards, 2021 jointly with MetLife including 13 Gold awards, 5 silver awards, and 1 bronze award.
- 3 Learning Technologies Awards including 2 Gold awards jointly with MetLife and a Silver Award for Learning Organization of the Year.
- NIIT Limited won the ASSOCHAM Award for Building Sales and Service Capability Enabling Business at EduMeet 2021, the flagship event which honours excellence in the education and skills industry.
Established in 1981, NIIT Limited, a global leader in Skills and Talent Development, offers multi-disciplinary learning management and training delivery solutions to corporations, institutions, and individuals in 30 countries. NIIT has two main lines of business across the globe - Corporate Learning Group and the Skills and Careers Group.
NIIT’s Corporate Learning Group (CLG) offers a comprehensive suite of Managed Training Services including custom curriculum design and content development, learning administration, learning delivery, strategic sourcing, learning technology, and advisory services. With a prolific team of experienced learning professionals, NIIT is dedicated to helping customers increase the business value of learning and development (L&D). Built on the sound principles of ‘Running Training like a Business’, NIIT’s Managed Training Services and best-in-class training processes enable customers to align business goals with L&D and demonstrably improve learning effectiveness and efficiency to create transformative business impact.
For more information, visit www.niit.com